Monday, February 14, 2011

A Valentine appreciation of "No Words"

When "Cowboy" and I were married, my NANA sent me a newspaper clipping for our 1st Valentines day! This is what it said:
 "Lasting Love What keeps Couples Together? ,"  Pearson referred to the Velveteen Rabbit.
 "It doesn't happen all at once," stated the Skin Horse, a character in the book as he told the Velveteen Rabbit about becoming Real. "You become. It takes a long time.  That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily or have sharp edges or who have to be carefully kept."  "Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you gets loose in the joints and very shabby.  But these things don't matter at all because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand," the skin horse added.

I have found this to be used as a metaphor for many things in life LOVE and GOD are just a few!!!!


We were very busy at our house today!!!! Little screams and giggels flowed in the air all day as our day was full of Valentines fun!!!!  We made Red velvet cake for a few family members and for "COWBOY"!!!!!


"June Bug"  hmmm think I can get my fingers in there before she notices!!!





Hope my sister doesn't come in here, she will take my job away!!!




Then the best part!!!  Last year I made a fruit basket for the bible study group I am in, it was so much fun and the girlz had helped me!!!  I had forgotten all about it until "Bugs" asked if we were going to make those yummy STARBABBIES  again!!!!  LOL. I remember how we had chocolate everywhere and so had she!!!!  So this year I picked up the berries and our tradition has made it to another year!!!

Smells like summer!!!
"Its just one mom, please can I have it!"
I had the girls dip the berries into melted chocolate and they loved it!!! Wow next year I will remember to get 3 containers of berries as we ate half of them before we even started!!!
Can we all say Sugar!!!!











A little of this
And a little of that!!!




And Wow....Happy Day to Daddy!!!



We even had  some left over cake batter so I put some Oreo's in the bottom of the cupcake holders and dumped it in!!!! At one point in time I could not find out what had happened to the Oreo's I placed in the cups....hmmmmm.....Ooooo I see now!!!!


 That is where they went!!!! hmmm and only the icing is gone!!!!  I then let the girls ice the cupcakes and lick the spoons!!!!  We had such fun this afternoon!!!!


 I am so thankful for those sticky fingers, frosting faces, and sugary screams and giggles!!!! LORD I love the life I have, maybe I don't like the way it goes some days but I always love it!!!

One Last Moment!!!
 What a wonderful Valentines Day!!! First let me set the scene!! We (Cowboy and I) do not do much for Valentines day, we never have.  Sometimes a night spent in the kitchen or a dinner out, but we keep it simple.  I am not one that wishes for roses that will die, or a big piece of jewelry just because its February 14th. It just is not us!!!  In fact the "Cowboy" is a simple man!!! A glance may give you the idea he is quite, possibly stuck up, or that he chooses to not be bothered!!! Then there is the glance that the people who really know him see, his children and I see!!!  The large hands filled with calis's, tanned by the sun, fine lines stained by Gods soil on his palms!!! The man who is always thinking!!! A man who provides for his family the same way generations before him have, an old soul, this would be my "Cowboy"  A cowboy that gets down on all fours and peels the giggles out of our 2 little girls!  "Cowboy" has taught me that some feeling are not worthy of words!!

Last evening  while I was busy thinking of the things to do with  "Bugs" and "June Bug" today, "Cowboy" told me he was sorry but he had not been anywhere to pick up anything for Valentines day, in fact his exact words were "I JUST HAVEN'T HAD TIME"  which to any woman means, I just didn't make time!!! This is pretty normal around our house!!! Cowboy and I do not make much time for each other.  It seems like between the crops, kids, and cows there just is so little left!!!! I am not very good about this any better then him!!! I have poured my heart and soul into our family.  Our children do not lack for my attention, I have a huge garden, I love to bake, so there does not seem to be much left for him either!  That being said I gave a "WHATEVER" face and carried on my way!!!!

This morning when I came down the stairs to start my STRONG coffee, this is what I found!!!


WOW I thought not because of the gift bag for me and the girlz, but because of the fact he remembered!!!! He didn't just remember the day he nailed it!!!! What a neat bag to take to the farmers market for my weekly trip to pick up honey with my mother in law, or for a field lunch during  planting.  I picked it up unopened and sat it in our office where it will sit until he comes home and we can celebrate together as a family!!!  But to "Cowboy" I say you are right,"some feeling are not worthy of words!!"

1 comment:

  1. What a cliffhanger! I'm on the edge of my seat DYING to know what's in the basket!!!

    ReplyDelete